Tuesday 19 March 2013

REMEMBER

Ten Plus Textiles are having an exhibition at Ordsall Hall in Salford. Some of the members have also been working on a community project with a local youth group to produce "creatures" which may be lurking behind the wattle and daub of the old building. Ordsall Hall is beautiful and well worth a visit.
 
 

My new work, "Remember", is on display. It combines many elements of my recent work- fabrics printed on the computer, graffiti and applique. The background was pieced, then needlefelted with an embellisher machine to distress it a little. The tree was cut from fabric that I had put through the printer to print an image of graffiti. I liked the idea of  blurring the boundary between a natural element like a tree with something more urban.



 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dotty, thank you ... so kind of you to visit my blog and comment. Your words of kindness bring comfort to me. I was so sorry to hear about your Dad also. Cancer is such a wicked disease. My Dad had leukemia ... following a terminal bone marrow disease. It's such a terrible blow isn't it. I am certain I shall never get over it ... but we do have to move on and try and enjoy life also ... our Dad's would want us to. My Dad loved the little hearts that I make. He took great interest in my beads too and was always buying me tubes of paint for my beads. We must take much comfort from having had wonderful Dads. I hope I can bring a little comfort to you as you have to me. I hope you have a great week ahead Dotty
    Best wishes, Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, I love how you've combined all the different elements. I've never been to Ordsall Hall but will try and get down to see the exhibition if I can x

    ReplyDelete