Tuesday 9 August 2011

London At Last

It has taken me 43 years to get there (well, in the end it took less than two and a half hours by train).
I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I holiday in Skye -big skies, no traffic, lots of sheep and few people. I hate large crowds and not being able to stride in one direction without bumping into someone. I hate paying £3.50 for a cup of tea. I hate queueing!

In spite of all that- I loved London! Vibrant, exciting, bustling, colourful and so beautiful!

Even the train journey down amongst hoardes of Manchester City and United fans on their way to Wembley was worth it to see Big Ben with my own eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. Safe at the moment???

    ReplyDelete
  2. London is amazing, hope you're taking lots of pics and fitting in some galleries! Enjoy your trip and stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Don- the areas we visited were fine. We are back now. Visited Manchester today and saw a few broken windows and a burnt out shop:(
    Jooles- I agree!
    Artangel- we went to the Tate Modern. Might do a show next time!

    ReplyDelete