Monday 1 August 2011

Celebration of Rust

As promised, here are some more images from Willowpool Garden and Antique Centre http://www.willowpool.co.uk/ featuring rusty objects that can be found piled up there. I find them beautiful and intriguing.


I love the fact that although they have outlived their usefulness, these objects continue to evolve, developing deep colours and textures.


Is this the final resting place for these old radiators?




The layers of peeling paint would be a great source of inspiration for a textile piece.



I tweaked the image a bit, increasing the contrast.


I know I am not alone in my apprecaiation of rust- when Mr Dotty goes to Skye he takes more photos of corrugated roofs and dilapidated drainpipes than he does of the views!
Let me know which unexpected objects you find beautiful.


4 comments:

  1. I'm with you- love the textures and colours of old rusty things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I'm a sucker for arches & doorways, especially tatty doors with peeling paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don- I was quite tempted to pick up some rusty nuts and bolts and turn them into art.

    Erika-I love old doorways too- they had some great big wooden doors at Willowpool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, I love the colours and texture. I have to say I that I like looking at the rusty tin roofs on the houses on Skye too! :) x

    ReplyDelete