Saturday 3 September 2011

Ramping Up

We are counting down to the start of the new Term next week. The kids have had a great time playing out, building ramps and teaching themselves new tricks on bikes, scooters and skateboards. They are incredibly resourceful and  at the end of each day we seem to have a whole new pile of bits of broken wood and bricks to put away.


There have been moments when they have driven me mad. Some days I have longed to drink a cup of tea uninterrupted or to actually be able to hear the radio on the rare occasions I've had chance to switch it on.I know though that I am really going to miss having them around, even the clatter of wheels on paving slabs! The dog is going to miss them in the house and racing him on the field. I think we are all going to find it hard to get into the new routine, focus and get back to work.

The garden is just plodding along at its own pace. The tomatoes are really taking their time to ripen.


I'm off to Liverpool today to take a pumpkin plant to my Dad. I didn't realise they would spread so much and I planted 6 of them!



Havae a good weekend:D




1 comment:

  1. Loved the home made ramps. It's kinda sad when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete