Tuesday 17 April 2012

Arran feels quite a long way away now. Everyone has gone back to work and school and the dog is a bit confused.

I'm really missing the sea. We had a lovely walk along the canal at the weekend, but it isn't quite the same.


There is something special and life affirming about walking along the shore, listening to the sea breathing. The air is so clear and the sky is huge!


You never know what treasures you might find.(This is the shore at the front of the cottage we stayed in).
 I love the colours and textures of old, weathered boats.


It's educational too- my children enjoyed explaining the different features of coastal erosion.


We had a walk to King's Caves which is where Robert the Bruce hid from his enemies. The story of him watching the determination of a spider and being inspired to go back out into battle originates from the caves in this area.

6 comments:

  1. I love the seaside and finding treasures on the beach :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sea too, if I could choose anywhere to live it would be on the west coast of Scotland where I could be by the sea. Great photos! Thanks for the comment on my blog too. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place. Love that cave- looks so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it all looks so idyllic. Not surprised you are missing it.
    BTW, I nominated your blog for a Leibster award. Just a bit of reader building fun.
    http://perfectlittlepurses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/ooooh-lovely-award-have-been-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been but it looks so peaceful and pretty! I agree, being by the sea is good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete