Monday, 23 January 2012

Messing with Monoprint

At last I gathered together the materials to have a go at monoprinting- a tube of acrylic, a tube of slow dry gel to increase the workable time of the paint, a roller, some thin paper and a sheet of plastic that my mother-in-law had spare and was just what I had been looking for on the day we last visited.

I think I could have lots of fun with this- it is quick and as I don't profess to draw well, it gives the pictures another dimension.


There may have been too much paint on this one, but I really like the textures.


Like I said, I don't draw well!

This is a self-portrait my son drew for his graphics course, so I traced it. I think there is potential with this image. I have an idea to monoprint onto fabric, then quilt it.

I am off later to help pick up the art from the Ten Plus Textiles exhibition at Waterside Arts Centre in Sale, which went well. Hopefully, I will have time later in the week to work on my new piece for the next exhibition, so I may have something to show you.

Hope you all have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard of monoprint - how do you actually do it? Anyway, these are looking good, and you DO draw well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is new to me too... really impressive and different, can't wait to see more.
    glad your exhibition went well :o)
    love jooles x
    P.S i have a little giveaway going on at mine if you fancy a peek x

    ReplyDelete